Saturday, July 13, 2013

Catching up...5 1/2 months...and now a well-traveled baby!

It's been a little while, so we have a lot of catching up to do!
I am nearing the half-year mark, and I have grown a lot.
Over the last month and a half, I have traveled to places near and far
to visit family and meet relatives I never knew existed!
What an amazing first year it has been already!
 
 
I think I am pretty big, but I still have lots of growing to do.
Mommy and Daddy promised to hold my hand every step of the way!

 
Speaking of hands, I found mine.
I have started eating my fist quite frequently.
That has led to M and D feeding me some solid foods.
I like bananas...
and ice cream.
But we'll get to that soon enough!

 
I'm still just as happy as ever cuddling in my crib with my toys.
It seems like I get a new one all the time.

 
And still one of my favorite places to sleep...
on Daddy's chest watching TV.
Sometimes I make him walk around and rock me to sleep.
(Pretty much every night...)

 
I'm as cute as ever.
Still blue eyes.
Mommy thinks they will turn green like her and daddy.
Maybe as I get a little older.
Daddy thinks they will, too.
(but he secretly hopes they stay blue)

 
Apples!
They were really great for a first food. But...
I LOVE BANANAS!!!
And ice cream...
I promise...we'll get to that.
First...
 
 
For my five-month birthday, M and D took me on my first vacation.
It was a couple of weeks early, but I loved every minute of it!
 
 
Except for when the TSA decided to screen my baggage...
They had to see all of the water and formula Mommy brought in case I got hungry.
Mommy's pretty smart.
TSA...not so much.

 
I was perfect on every flight!
Some of the passengers even commented that I should grow up to be a pilot.
Daddy says then I can fly him and Mommy all over the world when they retire!
 
 
I got to meet a lot of family I've never met before.
My cousin Kya from Utah...
 
 
We went out to breakfast with her dad Ryan,
and her Grandma and Grandpa Faye and Dee.
 
 
While we visited Utah, M and D took me to their favorite place to shop...
Gateway Shopping Center.
They have Mommy's favorite store.
And we stopped at this really cool Visitor's Center.

 
Then, we went to Idaho to visit more of Dad's family.
Uncle Dave came over to visit!

 
I got to play with Ladee at Grandma and Grandpa Bernie and Tom's house!

 
I got to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa one night
when M and D had what they called "date night".
Dad laughed and said I would find out what that meant when I turn 30!
I had such a fun time visiting...
I can't wait to go back!
 
 
I also got to see the canyon and the falls where Dad grew up!

 
Then we went to visit Grandpa and Grandma Dick and Gloria!
Grandpa Dick made me laugh so hard!

 
I made him and Grandma laugh a lot, too.

 
Then, we went to the ZOO!
It was awesome!
I saw a red panda, and a tiger!
But I especially loved the butterfly garden!
There were more butterflies than I could count!

 
Mommy showed me a bunch of them eating watermelon!
Which is funny, because I just found out that I really like watermelon, too!
Maybe I'm a butterfly...

I had so much fun that day, I fell asleep in Mommy's arms at the Rose Garden.
  
 
Before we left, I met my new cousin Avery and his Dad and Mom, Eric and Dayna.
I had a blast!
 
 
But it was time to travel a little more...
So off we went to Chicago!
 
 
 
We walked all over Chicago around Grandma's house!
I got to hang out with PJ and Gma's friend Clay!
Everyone had a great time! 
 
 
We ate lunch at a really cool open-air restaurant...
And M and D went shopping for "books"
 
 
Then, we ate dinner at another really cool open-air restaurant!
M and D had "cheeseburgers".
They looked really good!  I can't wait to try one!
Everyone cleaned their plates so they must have been good!

 
I got to spend some quality time with Grandma in Chicago too!
M and D went downtown to explore.
They rode the subway.
Even though Grandma thought they were nuts...
(I thought they were nuts too after Gma told me about the subway)
 
 
I had the best time on vacation!
And it looks like Mommy and Daddy had a pretty good time too!

 
Everyday I would crash on the couch at Gma's house!
Daddy still thinks it's funny to take pictures of me asleep.
Not cool, D. 

 
One day we ate at Gma Lynne's favorite breakfast spot, Toast Two!
Once again, everyone cleaned their plates!
I feel like I am missing something.

 
Gma Lynne took some great pictures of the three of us in Chicago!
Thanks Grandma!
We can't wait to come and visit again soon!

 
The end of our trip came way too soon!
But, I do sleep very comfortably in my own bed...
DAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!
Put the camera down!
 
 
Okay, maybe not yet.
That is a pretty good one of me!

 
In my camo!
Grandpa and Grandma Mike and Sally got this outfit for me.
M and D thought it was fitting to drop me off in it for their "date night" back home.
 
 
 
Oh....I almost forgot.
I LOVE ICE CREAM!!!!
This was my first meeting of my cousins Frank and Tommy and Aunt Kari!
We celebrated Kari's birthday a few days early.
Good thing too! I wouldn't miss ice cream for the world!
 
 
 
That's all for now!
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment